Oxfam Canada is part of
a global movement of people
We depend on and value our staff, volunteers, members and Board, who provide the hard work, experience, commitment and vision that ensures our organization achieves its goals.
To Active Oxfam Canada Members:
At the Annual General Meeting in September, Oxfam Canada will elect a new Board. Here’s your chance to make a difference in charting Oxfam’s future!
Members are invited to nominate candidates – or stand as candidates – for a three-year term (2019 – 2022). Submit your nominations to the Nominating Committee at ac.ma1560653720fxo@s1560653720noita1560653720nimon1560653720.
In the coming three years, our Board will play a crucial role in:
- Implementation and oversight of the Oxfam 2020 governance and programming changes
- The implementation of the Oxfam Canada Strategy (2020 and beyond)
- Strategic thinking, oversight and contributions to Oxfam Canada’s role as an influencing organization
- Contribute to the success of Oxfam Canada as a leader on women’s rights and gender equality
- Strengthening accountability to partners, funders, members, donors and the public
Candidates require a strong commitment to our mission and values and should have:
- substantial experience on a not-for-profit board or relevant governance expertise
- experience in financial and risk management
- readiness to support fundraising through ideas, contacts and experience
- a commitment to women’s rights and gender justice
- knowledge of international development and human rights
- strategic leadership experience
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to stand for election.
Nominations close July 14, 2019. We urge you to put forward nominations as soon as possible so that we can recruit a strong Board.
A job description for Directors can be found here, the nomination form can be found here, and the candidate profile form is available here. Note that both forms must be completed in order to nominate or self-nominate.
Remember that to nominate a candidate, stand for election or vote, you need to renew your membership. You can register at https://www.oxfam.ca/join.
If you have questions, please contact ac.ma1560653720fxo@p1560653720ihsre1560653720bmem1560653720 or 613-627-8601.
We encourage you to play an active role in strengthening our governance by giving some thought to who could make the greatest contribution to Oxfam’s impact as a member of our Board.