Global Development & Foreign Policy
The COVID-19 pandemic has been devastating for women and marginalized groups around the world, deepening existing inequalities and compounding hardships for women in fragile and conflict-affected societies.
The changes Oxfam wants to see:
The federal government should:
- Champion a feminist recovery globally recognizing the disproportionate impact of the pandemic on women and marginalized groups and prioritize funding for feminist movements and programs.
- Contribute to equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines in low- and middle-income countries by removing barriers to the expansion of global vaccine production and supporting a TRIPS waiver and the COVID-19 Technology Access Pool.
- Commit to increasing Canada’s international development assistance every year towards 2030.
Questions for candidates in your riding:
- What measures will your party take to advance a feminist recovery globally and ensure women’s rights gains are sustained?
- Will your party push for equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines by supporting the global call for a waiver on intellectual property protection for vaccines and other life-saving COVID-19 medicines?
- What is your party’s plan to increase Canada’s aid budget?