Representation & Leadership
The best policies are informed by the people they affect, yet women and other marginalized groups are under-represented in politics and decision-making around the world.
THE CHANGES OXFAM WANTS TO SEE:
- All parties should commit to appointing a gender-balanced cabinet should they form the next government.
- The federal government should enact legislation to incentivize political parties to increase the number of women recruited and elected in Canada and support women candidates to run.
- The federal government should recommit, in its next budget, to increasing funding for the Canadian women’s movement, by allocating $100 million per year to support diverse women’s rights organizations across the country.
Questions for candidates in your riding:
- What actions has your party taken to encourage more women to run for office?
- If your party forms the next government, will you have a gender-balanced cabinet?
- If your party forms the next government, will you increase funding for the Canadian women’s movement?