Board of Directors Nominations
As an Oxfam Canada member, you have the right to participate in the organization’s governance. At this September’s Annual General Meeting, a new board will be elected for a three-year term.
We need a skillful and diverse board to build our women’s rights and gender justice programming, boost income and diversify fundraising, empower supporters across Canada, and nurture a culture of leadership and learning. In the coming three years, our board will play a crucial role in:
- Oversight of the Oxfam Canada Strategy (2016-2019)
- Increasing revenues and allocating resources
- Assuring proper oversight and accountability
- Increasing our impact in support of our mission
Candidates not only require a strong commitment to our mission but should also have:
- Substantial experience on a not-for-profit board (or equivalent)
- Financial management skills
- Readiness to support fundraising through ideas, contacts and experience
- A commitment to women’s rights and gender justice
- Strategic leadership experience
- Media expertise
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to stand for election.
Nominations for Oxfam Canada's Board of Directors are now closed. Candidates profiles will be available as of August 17th, 2016.
All persons who have renewed their Oxfam Canada's membership on or before August 17th, 2016 are eligible to vote in this election and will receive voting information directly via email.
|Complete Candidate Profiles|
|Job Description for Directors|
|Oxfam Canada By-Law No 1|
|Oxfam Canada Rules and Procedures|
Note: To participate in governance, your membership must be current. If you have any questions about your membership status, please e-mail email@example.com or call 613-237-5236 ext. 2283. To become a member, please click here.