Board of Directors Nominations
As an Oxfam Canada member, you have the right to participate in the organization’s governance. At this September’s Annual General Meeting, a new board will be elected for a three-year term.
We need a skillful and diverse board to build our women’s rights and gender justice programming, boost income and diversify fundraising, empower supporters across Canada, and nurture a culture of leadership and learning. In the coming three years, our board will play a crucial role in:
- Oversight of the Oxfam Canada Strategy (2016-2019)
- Increasing revenues and allocating resources
- Assuring proper oversight and accountability
- Increasing our impact in support of our mission
Candidates not only require a strong commitment to our mission but should also have:
- Substantial experience on a not-for-profit board (or equivalent)
- Financial management skills
- Readiness to support fundraising through ideas, contacts and experience
- A commitment to women’s rights and gender justice
- Strategic leadership experience
- Media expertise
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to stand for election.
Nominations for Oxfam Canada's Board of Directors are now closed.
|Oxfam Canada By-Law No 1|
|Oxfam Canada Rules and Procedures|
Note: To participate in governance, your membership must be current. If you have any questions about your membership status, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-237-5236 ext. 2283. To become a member, please click here.