Oxfam CHANGE Summits
Oxfam Canada is currently evaluating the National CHANGE Summit. For this reason, there will be no 2018 Summit. Applications will not open for this year. To hear about future opportunities like National CHANGE and to stay up to date on Oxfam campaigns and how you can contribute, please sign up as an Oxfam Volunteer. https://www.oxfam.ca/get-involved/volunteer
National CHANGE is an annual leadership conference that brings together representatives from Oxfam’s campus and community groups across the country. It’s also the starting point for any individuals looking to begin an Oxfam volunteer group in their local community.
Each year CHANGE takes place over the course of four days in August. At CHANGE, you’ll get to work with and learn from Oxfam volunteer group members based across Canada, as well as our National headquarters staff. Together we will:
- Share organizing strategies that build and grow an inclusive social justice movement;
- Develop and strengthen skills for campaigning and leadership;
- Gain a deeper understanding of how gender rights plays a pivotal role in ensuring human rights;
- Hear from other young leaders and share your community stories;
- Strategize ways to work as an inclusive National Network;
- Make new connections with amazing activists working for CHANGE.
Together, we’ll continue to develop a powerful force of Oxfam volunteers who work in their local communities for gender justice and ending extreme inequality. But the National CHANGE Summit is more than just attending workshops and trainings; it is about joining a movement of committed individuals dedicated to shaping the future and working with Oxfam to build a gender just, prosperous and sustainable planet.
The National CHANGE Summit takes place just outside the Ottawa area (on unceded Algonquin territory).