Vision and Mission
Our Vision is a just world without poverty - a world in which all human beings:
- have influence in the decisions that affect their lives,
- enjoy their rights,
- live as full citizens,
- are valued and treated equally.
Our Mission is to build lasting solutions to poverty and injustice, with a focus on improving the lives and promoting the rights of women and girls.
We uphold human rights and help people engage directly in the crucial decisions that affect their lives. An end to poverty is more than wishful thinking: the proportion of the world’s people who are living in extreme poverty has been halved in just 15 years.
Women play a critical leadership role in our partner organizations and communities that address the root causes of local poverty, address barriers to development, and help communities gain:
- more secure and equitable incomes
- greater access to clean and safe water
- access to healthcare and education
- equal opportunities to participate in public life
- equal freedom to make choices