GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE & SEXUAL AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH AND RIGHTS
The rise of religious fundamentalisms and populist movements has led to increasing attacks on women’s rights and attempts to control women’s bodies.
The changes Oxfam wants to see:
- The federal government should launch a national campaign on healthy relationships and sexuality.
- The federal government should develop a National Action Plan to end gender-based violence, to ensure women across Canada have equal access to services and protection.
- The federal government should continue to spend $700 million per year on sexual and reproductive health and rights as part of its international aid budget.
Questions for candidates in your riding:
- What is your party’s position on comprehensive sexuality education?
- If your party forms the next government, how will you work with all jurisdictions to address the staggering high levels of violence against women across Canada?
- If your party forms the next government, will you continue to fund all aspects of sexual and reproductive health and rights within Canadian international aid?