Oxfam Canada gets top marks from partners
We asked our southern partners to assess our performance as part of our commitment to continuous improvement and effectiveness. The results are in: Oxfam Canada gets top marks for partner satisfaction and for being a leader in women’s rights.
Partners say we are a leader in women's rights
- Our partners give us top marks for making a major contribution to work on women’s rights and gender equality
Partners highly value our approach
- Oxfam Canada rates at the top for overall partner satisfaction
- Our partners highly value our approach to building relationships, communication, understanding, learning and capacity-building
- Our partners overwhelmingly characterize Oxfam Canada as a supportive and respectful partner
About the Survey
Oxfam Canada is the first Canadian non-governmental organization and first among Oxfam’s around the world to participate in a social accountability survey conducted by a highly respected and independent survey firm. The survey is an example of our commitment to effective development, a culture of learning and accountability.
The survey was:
- Undertaken by Keystone Accountability, a highly respected and independent survey firm
- Conducted in a completely confidential manner
- Benchmarked in reference to other international non-governmental organizations that have carried out the survey with their partner organizations
Some comments from partner organizations
- "The capacity building is extremely useful as it addresses gaps among partners. Keep up the good work…Consider supporting exchange visits among your partners."
- "Oxfam Canada is the only funder we have that truly thinks about their strategies and their work from a gendered perspective and we really value their commitment to this."
- "Oxfam Canada's approach is flexible, as they do not impose agendas on us as a partner, they do not micro-manage us or interfere with our program agendas."