End Violence Against Women
End Violence Against Women and Girls
Join Oxfam to raise awareness and take action!
Worldwide violence against women and girls is a widespread human rights violation. And it can be stopped. Together we can make a difference in the lives of women and girls.
16 Days of Activism to End Gender-Based Violence
November 25 - December 10
- Share Oxfam's 16 Days campaign on Facebook and Twitter.
#16Days, #VAW, #UpForDebate.
- Read our 16 Days stories about Oxfam partners in action.
- Download Oxfam's Discussion Guide
to raise awareness on ways to end violence against women and girls.
Oxfam knows that ending global poverty begins with women's rights — that's why we've teamed up with Up For Debate.
Join the call to action for all federal parties to get serious about ending violence against women and girls in Canada and around the world.
Want to help end violence against women and girls?
Support Up For Debate!
Did you know?
- Globally, it's estimated that one out of three women and girls will be physically or sexually assaulted in her lifetime.
- Violence against women and girls is a major cause of death, ill health and disability.
- Violence blocks opportunities for women and girls to escape poverty by limiting their choices and access to education – making it harder to earn a living and participate in public life.
- Since 1980, 1,100 Aboriginal women in Canada have been murdered or gone missing.
- Growing militarization and conflict in many parts of the world increases violence in the lives of women and girls.
Want to learn more?
Read our backgrounder:
Gender Justice: Ending Violence Against Women
Check out the global 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence campaign: online, on Facebook and on Twitter.
Support Oxfam's work to end violence against women and girls
- The Protect Women Pack will help support women who are speaking up against domestic violence and getting their message heard.
- The gift of Training on Gender-Based Violence is one of the most life-changing gifts you could give.